In today’s harsh economic times it’s good to see that people around the world are banding together to raise money for the less fortunate – even megastars! Check out the recap from this week’s events:
● In a time when it seems children are growing up harder than ever, it’s heart warming to read an article like this one speaking of an eighth grade class that gathered food donations for a local food bank in the UK as part of their harvest festival assembly.
● The Western Gazette-North Dorset submitted this story to “This is Somerset” describing a record-breaking breakfast fundraising event. The event was part of the 13th annual Keinton Mandeville Village Charity Day.
● Mississippi chart toppers 3 Doors Down are holding their 9th annual “The Better Life Foundation” charity concert on November 17th. Lawrence Specker has all the details including ticket cost here.
● Read about a rejuvenating face lift a ten year old “Florence Nightingale Charity Hospice” store in the UK has received, and how it’s affecting the clients in this article.
● Royal Scot Soldiers are stripping for a great cause. The retired soldiers are creating a calendar to raise money for 1 Scot Soldiers and Dependents Fund. Read more here.
● Two multi-platinum groups and one guest rock band are teaming up for a brand new tour, and kicking it off with a charity concert. Read more in this write-up.